- Clever interior features
- Competent turbo-4 in T5 trims
- Smooth 8-speed automatic
- World-beating subscription model
- Smart 9.0-inch touchscreen as standard
- Exterior can get funky—and not the good kind
- Frustrating shift knob
- A Swedish car with extra-cost heated seats?
- Rear bench is best for two
- Will a Netflix car for broadcast buyers work?
The 2019 Volvo XC40 upends tradition—and traditional style—in mostly acceptable ways, and kicks off the car-subscription era with a stylish bang.